Friday, August 14, 2009

{2009 Staff Prayer Retreat}

Some time ago Bro. Ronnie shared with us how he felt we should come together as a staff and pray for you! You and everyone on our church roll. We met at 9 am on Thursday morning. . .
Our first stop was Wal-Mart to stockpile healthy snacks. . .
See those MUNCHOS in the basket? Those are Bro. Jeff's favorite. They are rather addicting.

Yes, these two teach your children every week!
Mrs. Lori & Mrs. Jacque aka Jax


Bro. Tom and Krazy Kemp (Lee is such a hoot!) He thought he left his wallet, but Jax had it the whole time. Pretty funny stuff!

Bro. Grant & Bro. Tom



We loaded back up, and headed to the Oaks Manor.



Bro. Ronnie asked us to bring our Bibles and a journal. When we arrived we each received a folder with a list of names. I must confess I haven't ever done anything like this before. I wasn't sure what or how I would pray. . . I also didn't think it would take me very long. . . keep in mind we had hours. Well, I am just being honest!


But, I was wrong. . . each name . . . one by one. . . I called out. . . and asked for safety, guidance, refreshment, salvation, peace, healing, answers, and on . . . and on. . . I had no idea what kind-of awesome experience it would be for me.
In the end, of my 6 pages, I was only able to complete 3. I was allowed to bring the others home to finish here.
For me, it was a very rewarding experience.
I was able to talk to God, no interruptions, listening to and feeling the wind blow. . . just me and God. . . talking about our church family.





Us unloading and the Oaks Manor.
I didn't really get a great picture of the place, but it is very peaceful.





I got soooo car sick in this crazy van. . . ugh.



I have much to say, but I really just want to express how much this group of people love you. . . and the Lord. We do care about you. We do think of you "in-between Sundays". We are here for you. We want to help you in anyway possible.
We do pray for you.
And on this day, we did.
Each and Everyone. . .
Love,
FBC Staff




1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I am so thankful for our church staff! You all do such a great job! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete