Friday, July 23, 2010
Monday, July 19, 2010
Friday, July 16, 2010
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Everything centered around the home. Here children were educated, trades and the family's faith were passed on from parent to child.
Dawn~ The family woke up as soon as it was daylight. Everyone had work to do. A simple meal was eaten in the morning.
Women's work~ Women fetched water from the well, prepared food and made clothes. Cooking was done over an open fire or in a small oven. Most meat and vegetables were stewed. For special occasions, meat was roasted on a spit (a wooden frame) over an open fire. Most women would spin and weave wool to make cloth at home.
Children's work ~ Children helped their parents work. Boys helped their fathers, and the girls helped their mothers.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Monday, July 12, 2010
The Toddler Trek
Come join us as we take our toddlers on an amazing trek through the Bible.
This hands-on, interactive class
will be full of fun
I hope to see you there!
Wednesday Evenings @ 6:30
FBC Nursery (Nurseries E & F)
Class led by Tonia Hobbs & Rachel Grigg
Friday, July 9, 2010
Let your child catch you doing these 10 things. . .
1. Reading your Bible and Praying.
2. Treating your husband with respect.
3. Dressing and behaving modestly.
4. Looking well to the ways of your household.
5. Speaking kindly to unkind people.
6. Reaching out to poor & needy.
7. Keeping a positive attitude, even in difficult circumstances.
8. Giving honor to your parents and your in-laws.
9. Turning off the TV.
10. Telling the truth.
By Penny Noffsinger
Article from homelife a fresh take on faith & family